Heartache.........and dilema

My poor baby Nya had to go for therapy this evening to remove phlegm from her respiratory system. It was her first time having to go through this and according to the doctor she will have to undergo this painful process for a week. When I saw the way the therapist tried to force the mucus out of Nya I almost cried. It was so heartwrenching to see the man pressing down on her ribs and throat such that she started gagging and choking and gasping for air. Her entire face and upper body turned red and I was so afraid she would pass out. She tried to cry but also had to fight for air at the same time. I really couldn't take it...... but I saw that alot of mucus and phlegm was coming out of her mouth and nose each time she gagged. I wanted to stop the therapist so many times.....He even used two syringes to squirt some solution into each of her nostrils to clear them. Finally it was over, after close to 10 minutes. Nya was so tired from this short, painful session that she fell asleep in the car just after we left the clinic. I'm in a dilema because I don't know I want to bring her back there again.

Before we went to this therapy centre, Nyx, Nya and I had to see our doctor as Nyx and Nya were coughing alot, and I mean alot. Everyday they would cough till they vomit, at least once. So for the past few days I've been a very hardworking "janitor", cleaning up puke day and night. All this while having a throat infection.... ouch. So today I finally got myself checked and hopefully the meds will help this infection go away fast. Thank goodness Guojun came back from Singapore the day before so at least now I have some help.

Comments

Dawn, don't give up on the therapy treatment, its good for Nya. It's a good way to force the mucus out from small children.

Keep it going till full recovery for Nya.
Megan and Ryan said…
Yes, it is indeed very heart wrenching to see the kids go thru' the process, but its better for the mucous to be cleared from Nya since she is still so young.

At least she is still too young to realized the stressful procedure, Megan went thru' it in SG when she ws 2.5yrs old...my goodness, she almost torn the whole clinic down!

Hang in there, Nya will recover soon, big hugs to her and Nyxie!
Steven said…
Yeah yeah I think you have to go through this process. Ze French have such barbaric ways. They should eat yucky herby things and poke needles all over the kids instead. So much more humane.... :)Hang in there lil sis!
Shannon's Mummy said…
*Hug* *Hug*

I feels for you when I read this post. It reminds me when Shannon had to go thru the therapy follow by febrile fits last year. It was already heart-wenching to watch and Shannon would tell me everytime that she don't wan to go to therapist as she was scared. She would start to cry before we entered the building and struggled when she saw the therapist.

However, I have to admit that she recovered in about 10 days with the therapy sessions. Imagine without the therapy, how long will they take to recover themselves? They are still too young to cough out the pheglm especially Nya is so young.

As for the puking, make lesser milk. Shannon used to drink 240ml of milk but I only gave her 180ml during her coughing time to minimize the puking.

Stay strong, dear...
thatmomoffour said…
Thank you so much gals. I was feeling so guilty and hating myself for having to put Nya through this. I really hope she recovers soon too and won't have to go for as many sessions as intended. Thank you so much for the kinds words and support. hugs!

Popular posts from this blog

My Sculptra Journey with Halley Medical Aesthetics: Final Review (Fourth Visit)

Meridian Facelift at Body Inc.

The IDS (Innovative Dermatological Solutions) Journey - Third Visit