Making it work across distance and time barriers

Let's face it, long distance relationships are tough to maintain especially when the time difference makes it hard to connect on phone calls and video calls at convenient timings for both parties. And in our case with both of us working as well as our four little ones who go to school and come home at various timings, you can imagine how challenging it can be to get everyone together at the same time to video chat.

Nevertheless we've made it work over the years whenever the daddyman or I have to travel overseas for work for weeks, months and in our current situation.... years. 
And none of this would have been possible without the help and support from our loved ones especially my mum and dad ❤️. Thank you grandma and grandpa! 
They say it takes a village to raise a child and I wouldn't contest that, but with four kids to raise I am nothing short of grateful for the unconditional love and support from our loved ones who have played such an important role in being such great influencers and caregivers to our brood.

As I pen my thoughts at this point while flying from Boise to Los Angeles alone, my heart is filled with so much love and gratitude. Spending the past week alone with my husband visiting theme parks, taking thrill rides, going shopping and just appreciating one another was just what we needed. And even though we've been married for 16 years and together for 22 years, it shouldn't get boring. 

 This past week, he took me from theme park to theme park riding roller coasters knowing how much I enjoy the thrill rides. I felt like a little girl again when he made sure that I didn't collapse from heat exhaustion under the 43 degrees Celsius heat. And i was moved when he drove for hours to make sure I got to eat some good xialongbaos and visit the beach in California. 

 Thank you baby for making sure that we got to spend time together even though the kids and I were here with you just two months ago. Thank you for the thoughtful gestures along the way. And thank you for the careful planning to make this happen. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Sculptra Journey with Halley Medical Aesthetics: Final Review (Fourth Visit)

Meridian Facelift at Body Inc.

The IDS (Innovative Dermatological Solutions) Journey - Third Visit