Car Review: The KIA Stinger

I waited so impatiently to finally get to drive this baby around and I now fully understand what all the hype is about around the 2018 KIA Stinger GT. This high performance 5-door sports saloon is the first rear-wheel drive model that KIA has ever produced.





Powerful Performance and Sound to boot

Designed with passion fuelling the ideas behind its every detail, the Stinger definitely gave me a driving experience that displayed power, agility and practicality. The most powerful of KIA cars to date, this car features a twin-turbo V6 engine with an 8-speed automatic transmission. This smooth ride delivers 370 horsepower and with the engine room and dash getting extra insulation and padding that quiets the joints of the body pillars and frames, its no surprise how quiet and smooth the drive can be, unless you're playing your favourite tunes with the 15-speaker Harmon/Kardon premium sound system.

Even the side mirrors and doors are designed to reduce noise and drag. This sound system even includes subwoofers that resonate in the hollow parts of the frame and body.

I was so impressed by the quietness within while driving when I turned off the audio. But when the music was on..... WOAH. You’ve gotta sit in it to experience the magic of having the vibrations move you. I truly felt the beats from the tunes I was playing.



 



Smart and Thoughtful Design

What’s strikes it as such a comfortable car to drive has got to its ventilated front and back seats that made it oh so comfortable to drive even on those scorching hot days. It’s able to also bring heat to backs and bottoms of passengers on cold days. Both the seat cushion and seatback feature airflow perforations to keep your body in state of comfort.

With 5 modes to choose from the Drive Mode Select that can easily be switched at the turn of a dial located just behind the shift lever, I actually wished I could be driving this car somewhere else in the world where the speed limits are higher, haa! It was a great experience switching between the different modes that adjusted operations of the engine, transmission, suspension and steering. Even the engine sound could be manipulated!

I literally went oooooh when I first saw the Head-Up Display turn one once the engine started! Visible both in the day and night, the key driving information like your driving speeds is projected onto your windshield in your line of sight so that you can safely focus on the road ahead.

I also really like the wireless charging ability for my mobile phone, meaning there's no messy wires laying around and getting tangled.

[caption id="attachment_1552" align="alignnone" width="375"] Daytime display[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1555" align="alignnone" width="367"] Night time display. Clearly visible even when it’s raining.[/caption]

Fivedoor Fastback Layout





With 406 litres of cargo capability, this fivedoor fastback layout means plenty of space for me to store all my workout gear, my baby’s stroller and much more! I can even reach all these items easily because the rear hatch lifts to reveal a very broad opening.

The rear seat backs even split and fold 60:40 so you can even put longer items into the car. And with the Smart Power Tailgate, I can conveniently load my stuff into the boot even when my hands are full carrying my kiddo or bags. All you have to do is have the key with you when you stand close to the rear of the car and the lid of the Smart Power Tailgate opens automatically within 3 seconds! Definitely a great help for mommies like me.

Driving this car definitely made it a joy for me to be zooming around instead of just a means to get from one place to the next. Thank you KIA for making driving fun again!

Go for that drive at KIA Motors soon to experience what I did.

KIA Motors: 239 Alexandra Road Singapore 159930

Website: http://www.kia.com/sg/main/.html

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Sculptra Journey with Halley Medical Aesthetics: Final Review (Fourth Visit)

Meridian Facelift at Body Inc.

The IDS (Innovative Dermatological Solutions) Journey - Third Visit