The toughest part of this June holiday

What would be the toughest part of this near month-long holiday to see their dad in the USA? Apart from handling the kids alone while flying and transiting....it really was when we had to say goodbye to the man who took such good care of us these past few weeks and pampered us like we were princesses (and a queen). 

 

From the moment I knew we were making this trip to visit their dad in the United States, I already started to worry about how I would manage the four kids alone. Yes a lot of prep work had to be done especially in enrolling the older girls to help with the baby and the luggages. And it's really no joke having to collect our checked-in luggages upon arrival at LA, going through customs, finding our way to the domestic terminal from the international terminal in order to check-in these luggages again and then catching another domestic flight to Idaho. The trip back to Singapore is much of a hassle too but this is was all so worth it considering the memories and experiences we shared these past few weeks as a family. 

The older kids got to revisit some nostalgic places like our old house, the parks I used to take them to, the animal shelter, the malls, the theme parks, nature reserves, etc. Yes they've forgotten much of the past because they were so much younger then, but that got me digging out many old pictures to share with them and we had so much fun reminiscing.

 

Standing in front of our old house where we used to live at.

When it came to the end of this holiday and parting ways with their dad at the airport.... my oldest girl tried to hold back her tears and Small asked me why we couldn't just bring daddy home with us. Medium as usual was just cool as cucumber but she did tell me on the plane that she missed daddy already (Small said this 9 times throughout the flights). And Extra Small just kept me busy with her endless fountain of energy and screams from the moment we boarded till we arrived in Singapore. During the flight from LA to Seoul, I had to help her with her constipation (yes it was grotesque but successful) and I honestly feel like I've aged 10 years because of this trip back. 

Would I do this again? Heck yeah :) just to see the smiles on my girls' faces, and Daddyman too of course. 

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Sculptra Journey with Halley Medical Aesthetics: Final Review (Fourth Visit)

Meridian Facelift at Body Inc.

The IDS (Innovative Dermatological Solutions) Journey - Third Visit