Wrapping up Christmas presents and the year 2017

As we approach the tail end of the year, I’m sure many like myself will take some time to reflect back on the happenings and learnings from the past year. And 2017 has been an extremely significant one for me since the opening of Trium Fitness and finding a way to manage my family and the business while my husband is stationed overseas.

From the time we opened the studio’s doors till this day, I’ve learnt so much and it’s not just about running a business, but also managing relationships and expectations, about handling major stress and anxiety, and understanding the importance of connection. 
All too often we’re communicating, but are you truly connecting? As a teacher, I do make an effort to get to know my students and connect with them so they feel comfortable enough to tell me more about themselves and allow me to guide them through their fitness journey more successfully once I know where their weaknesses and strengths lie.
As a working mother of four girls, I don’t just call to check on my kids or spend time playing and learning with them when we’re together. I make a strong effort to spend 1 on 1 time with each child to truly connect with her especially since they all have such different personalities and preferences.

In this time and age where we are so dependent on the internet for information and convenience, we are also robbed of that connectedness with people around us. Kids are often given electronic gadgets to keep them occupied, friends and family sitting at the dining table might be looking at their phones instead of one another, and even newbies to yoga or something more complicated like aerial might be looking at YouTube to lean some fancy move instead of being taught the proper techniques in person by a teacher who can give adjustments according to the students needs and limitations. There is always a consequence to that......

I too am guilty of whipping out my phone and laptop when my kids and loved ones are around. But as I was wrapping Christmas presents this year and reflecting while I was at it, I will definitely be more mindful about that connectedness with those around me moving forward.

Looking back on this past year, I’m overflowing with gratitude for everyone who has supported and encouraged me on this journey to building Trium Fitness to what it is today. A place where I wanted to build a community of like-minded teachers and students who are on a journey of endless learning and development. This environment and community that I see today at the studio is what I envisioned at the beginning on the drawing board and seeing how our students have developed from being newbies to where they are now just makes my heart swell. 

From the bottom of my heart, I give thanks to all my friends, family, our Trium Fitness members, my students and acquaintances for all your support. May our next year in 2018 bring forth more value to everyone who comes to us. Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all! ❤️

If you’d like to know more about Trium Fitness or join us for classes, you can find us at 12 Kallang Avenue, Aperia Mall, #03-01/02, S339511. Or visit our website for details on classes and packages at www.trium.fitness
IG: @trium.fitness 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Sculptra Journey with Halley Medical Aesthetics: Final Review (Fourth Visit)

Meridian Facelift at Body Inc.

The IDS (Innovative Dermatological Solutions) Journey - Third Visit