Celebrating Chinese New Year 2018

Each time we celebrate the Chinese New Year, I’m always reminded of how important it is to regularly meet up with our family and relatives. That kampong spirit and sense of belonging never fails to fill my heart with a warm fuzzy feeling each time we go visiting and take turns gathering at one another’s homes.


We put in effort to prepare meals and snacks for our visiting relatives and make sure everyone is comfortable and take pride in sprucing up our homes to welcome our guests. I actually think it’s such a great thing to do at least once a year to declutter and maybe change things around in our living space.




CNY is also that time of the year when we get to wear our traditional cheongsam and follow certain traditional activities. It’s always such a joy being able to share about our culture and tradition not just with our little ones, but our friends from other cultures as well. 

And one of my favorite things about celebrating CNY apart from the fact that we get to spend more time with family and friends whom we don’t see very often is the FOOD! I lost count how many tubs of pineapple tarts I’ve eaten and platters of Yu Sheng that we’ve consumed. And despite knowing the nutritional content in these less than healthy morsels.... I can’t help but savor and appreciate these tasty morsels that I only get to enjoy once a year. 
So all the more I have to make sure that the kids and I stay healthy and fit at this time of the year when we actually eat more, sit more and sleep less.


Happy Chinese New Year everyone! Stay healthy and well and may the lunar new year ahead be one filled with peace, joy and great experiences for all.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Sculptra Journey with Halley Medical Aesthetics: Final Review (Fourth Visit)

Meridian Facelift at Body Inc.

The IDS (Innovative Dermatological Solutions) Journey - Third Visit