Am I bonkers yet????

Sometimes I wonder when I will cross over the threshold and officially become a bonkerhead. In just a little over a week, Nyx and Nya have been extremely "creative" and I'm a regular fixture on the porch blowing bubbles to soothe my nerves.
Last week I was feeding Nyx her lunch and all of a sudden she threw up, all over the chair and her clothes. I placed her bowl of porridge on the table while I hurried to clean up the mess. BIG mistake! Nya was in her UFO walker and she happily trotted over to pull on the tablecloth in order to reach the bowl so in a split second there was porridge all over her head, ufo, clothes and floor. I then used a string to tie her walker to the table leg, "parking" her there and got Nyx to take off her clothes and wait for me in the bathroom while I went to the porch to blow a few bubbles. This is like breathing therapy for me......
After awhile I felt sane enough to go clear up the mess and not feel agitated.

This morning Guojun went to work at 7 plus and just when he left for work Nyx started crying like crazy cos she wanted him to help her pick up a toy which she dropped under the bed. He was running late so he had no time to help her. I was still clinging to my pillow hoping she would just go back to sleep and Nya would stop crawling around the bed too. Fat hope! A funky smell warfed its way to my nasal passages and I reluctantly turned on the bedside lamp. This has got to be the WORST wake up call ever!!!!!!
Nya somehow pooped a humungous load of crap and smeared it all over the bed and pillows. I think I lost my sense of smell for awhile...... thank goodness I didn't lose my sanity. Yup, I am updating my blog after a bout of bubble blowing. However I had to do it in the bathroom after clearing up the huge mess because its raining heavily outside.

Sigh....... motherhood is tough, painful and sometimes, it STINKS! hahaha..... But I love my munchkins nonetheless. I just needed to vent.

Comments

kristalangel said…
Nevermind, I tell you a secret .... after MANY yrs of marriage and motherhood, my ans is SIMPLE ...

when u get back to S'pore -- GET A MAID. It will really help u eliminate the unnecessary, menial stuff like cleaning etc. Then u can just spend time with your girls ...
Unknown said…
Don't worry dawn u coming back in 23 days .... Jackport Queen and Katong party will be there to help u up
Tsu Lin + + said…
That's funny. Oh boy.. the joys of motherhood in a land without maid, indeed! Sometimes I do wish I have a maid, like kristalangel said, to do all the menial work so I can ... do nothing!
Shannon's Mummy said…
Ye.. Vent whatever you want here.. We will blow the bubbles away for you :P Motherhood is never easy...
thatmomoffour said…
Thanks for the encouraging words gals. Its really frustrating sometimes and I'm just glad I'm able to vent elsewhere instead of raising my voice at my kids and scaring them. Especially when we're in a foreign land where domestic help isn't that readily available, its so much tougher......

Popular posts from this blog

Meridian Facelift at Body Inc.

My Sculptra Journey with Halley Medical Aesthetics: Final Review (Fourth Visit)

The IDS (Innovative Dermatological Solutions) Journey - Third Visit