Heartache and guilt

Sometimes I wonder if its entirely my fault, if its cos Nyx wants to get more attention after meimei came along or if she's just being very inquisitive.  The day before yesterday we found ourselves in the A&E ward of the hospital again, this time cos Nyx was in so much pain and wouldn't stop crying after she got soap in her eyes.  It caused her right eye to turn red and she kept rubbing it and crying even after I flushed it with cool water again and again.
I was outside collecting the laundry and she was blowing bubbles as usual when we were out on the porch, except this time she decided to smear the bubble solution on her face and some of it got into her eyes.  We thought she was fine until it she suddenly kept screaming and crying at night and was having abit of difficulty keeping her right eye open.
At the hospital, the doctor just did what I did for her as well, just bathed her eye in water and told us she was fine.  The redness had subsided since yesterday and we've thrown the bubble solution away but then...... am I to keep her away from anything or any activities that might pose the slightest risk? Even sitting on a swing, playing on a slide, riding a bike, swimming, etc will be dangerous right?
Sigh...... I remember falling from the slide when I was little and having a scar above my brow to remind me of that incident as well.  I guess things like that will be bound to happen especially when the child is extremely inquisitive and active.  But I'm definitely gonna be keeping an even closer watch on Nyx and Nya..... too much guilt and near heart attacks for me for now.

Comments

Shannon's Mummy said…
*hugz* Hope you feel better now and glad she is better now..

Well.. sometimes accident just couldn't be avoided right?? don't blame yourself too much. But I really wonder why and how she smeared the whole bottle of bubble solutions on her face????
Megan and Ryan said…
oh dear, sorry to hear what happened to Nyx *sayang sayang*

Don't blame yourself dear. Accidents happened all the time. You cannot "glue" your eyes on the kiddos or become their shadows.

At their age, they will try anything!!! You are a good mommy ;)

Big hugs!
thatmomoffour said…
Thank you so much gals. Actually Jas Nyx has this habit of splashing water on her face when she's showering or washing her hands cos I think she's trying to imitate us when we wash our faces at the sink. She didn't smear the whole bottle, it wasn't much but apparently enough to get into her eye.
Sel, guess what? I think I am sort of becoming her "stalker" or shadow liao, haha! Even when she wants privacy to do her potty in the bathroom I will peek at her just to make sure she's not doing anything funny.

Popular posts from this blog

My Sculptra Journey with Halley Medical Aesthetics: Final Review (Fourth Visit)

Meridian Facelift at Body Inc.

The IDS (Innovative Dermatological Solutions) Journey - Third Visit