Heartache........





Yesterday was a traumatic day for us as Nyx suffered quite a bad injury and we had to take her to the hospital.  I turned on the fan in the bedroom for Nya as the summer heat was making her feel warm and I kept telling Nyx not to meddle with the buttons or play around the fan.  

Somehow as I was in the bathroom cleaning Nya up, Nyx managed to topple the fan down and I guess she must have been trying to shield her face when her fingers and thumb got caught in between the spaces of the metal barrier.  As a result of that her left thumb suffered a serious injury from the fan blades, slicing off some flesh which the doctor says will grow back.  

I felt really really bad as I should have watched her more closely. To make matters worse she was crying and kept apologising to me profusely saying "sorry mommy sorry mommy....." while her thumb was bleeding as I had warned her multiple times to stop pushing the buttons or playing near the fan.  

She was really brave as the doctor and nurses who tended to her cleaned and dressed her wound.  Nyx only whimpered a little and let the professionals do their job with ease.  We had to ensure that her tentanus vaccination was up to date and for now we'll have to make sure that the wound doesnt get infected.  Holding her toys and bowl as well as showering will be abit tough for now too.  For Nyx and I, we've both learnt a very valuable lesson.  I'm gonna watch her and Nya even more closely from now on, and for Nyx hopefully when I tell her not to monkey around with something she will heed my words.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meridian Facelift at Body Inc.

My Sculptra Journey with Halley Medical Aesthetics: Final Review (Fourth Visit)

The IDS (Innovative Dermatological Solutions) Journey - Third Visit